Our 2023 donation drive is complete!
Thank you to everyone who donated. You're amazing.
Can you send new or gently-used winter clothing items directly to a student who needs them? Here's how you can help!
1. Review this spreadsheet, to see what students need.
2. Once you found someone you can help, put your name in the first column, the one headed 'DONORS, SIGN UP HERE', and your email address in the second column. Students sometimes request multiple items (i.e. coat and gloves and hat). Please sign up for all the items you plan to send, and leave others blank.
3. The Women's League will reach out to you to give you that student's mailing address, and you send items directly to them.
4. Once you've sent your items, go back to the spreadsheet and write SENT in the ITEMS SENT? column.
5. We want to give people things they will use, so we asked students to give us pointers for what they are looking for. You'll see those thoughts and ideas in the spreadsheet. Maybe you have something just right in your closet, or you prefer to buy online. It's entirely up to you.
6. Want to help but don't want to pick out clothes? Sign up for the student you want to help, and let us know you prefer to send a gift card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I send gently used items, as well as new?
Yes! We love a sustainable option. If you have gently-used items that will be suitable, please send those. Our only note is that the emphasis is on warm clothing, because it gets so cold here.
I want to send new clothes. Where should I order from?
MIT students love MIT gear! There's a great selection of accessories at the COOP. Affordable winter coats are on Amazon, Nordstrom Rack and at LL Bean and Uniqlo to name a few!
Sierra has markdowns on winter clothing.
I want to give an e-gift card. How much should I give?
You should give what you feel comfortable giving. From our experience, it's possible to source a coat, hat, and gloves for around $160 from an online retailer, so depending on what you choose to give, adjust from there.
How often does this program run?
Currently this program runs once a year, in the Fall.
Can you provide a donation receipt?
Yes, we can! Let us know if you’d like a donation receipt for your taxes.
More questions? Please email us.