Make new friends while improving your conversational English with the MIT Women’s League!
More than 3,600 international MIT women have joined this long-standing League program since it began in 1963.
Classes are open to all MIT students, graduate students, post-docs, visiting scholars, and employees as well as their spouses, partners, and close family members.
All levels are welcome! We cover English grammar in the Basic and Intermediate classes, but our focus is on “how to” English and building confidence in everyday interactions. Students’ interests and experiences guide our conversation as we learn about each other’s cultures and countries.
- Beginning through Advanced English offered
- 9:15–11am, Tuesdays and Thursdays during the academic year
- $120 fee per semester includes all materials
How to Sign Up
- Pre-register to secure your space and save time at registration
- Attend registration in September for the fall semester or in February for the spring semester. Check our Events Calendar or Facebook page for current registration dates. Walk-ins are welcome, but students who pre-register will have priority and classes sometimes do fill up.
- At registration, you’ll meet with a teacher who will help find the right class level for you.